February 22, 2022
We want to celebrate the relationships we are deepening with partners that are using bold ideas and bringing positive change in their communities.
With our partners, we are advancing in three areas that are important to us.
- We support nonprofit organizations filling the gaps of inequity created by unjust systems;
- We strengthen collaboratives and organizations working together to increase the positive impact they can have;
- And we advance big ideas that bring about long term solutions to our region’s toughest challenges.
When it comes to big ideas, we continue to champion bold solutions to homelessness including through our work on The Committee for Greater LA, a group of civic leaders with the shared vision of using the pandemic recovery as an opportunity to advance a more equitable Los Angeles. The Committee recently released research exploring attitudes Angelenos have on the issues of homelessness. Read about what voters are saying in this L.A. Times article and watch the webinar where The Committee shared the findings. Voters have not given up on finding a solution to homelessness in Los Angeles and neither have we.
While we do a lot of work in the core Los Angeles region, our work and partnerships extend throughout Southern California. In this video, I highlight some of the work our new partners are leading. You’ll also meet:
- Julissa Peña, Executive Director of the Santa Barbara County Immigrant Legal Defense Center
- Torie Weinston-Serdan P.h.D., Chief Visionary Officer at Youth Mentoring Action Network
- Norberto Santana Jr. Editor-in-Chief, Voice of O.C., and
- Yongsuk “Jesse” Lee, Co-Founder and Executive Director at Street Company.
We look forward to working with these partners and many others as we advance social, racial, and economic equity together.
President & C.E.O.