Expanding Opportunity Fund Online Final Report
EXPANDING OPPORTUNITY FUND GRANTEES (formerly the Small Grant Program) – PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR FINAL REPORT ONLINE
The Expanding Opportunity Fund (EOF) encompasses all grants that are $25,000 and under. For EOF grantees, the Foundation requires a final report when all funds have been expended, the goals as identified in the grant agreement have been completed, and the 12 month grant period has ended.
A final report provides an opportunity for you to document your organization’s achievements, challenges, and lessons learned. The Foundation recognizes that some plans, despite being well conceived and executed, will not achieve the desired results. Information about approaches that have not succeeded is also important and valuable to the Foundation.
CLOSING THE GRANT
The grant will be closed once all Weingart funds have been spent and the final report has been approved by the Foundation. You will be notified by Foundation staff via email when the grant has been formally closed.
In the event your organization wishes to make any changes that will materially alter the scope, timeline or nature of the grant as originally proposed and for which the grant was awarded, you must first submit a written request for modification of the grant. Written approval must be obtained from the Foundation prior to the implementation of any changes or the grant may be rescinded. We also ask you to inform the Foundation of organizational changes, whether significant or small, including changes in address, phone number, or key personnel.
Periodically, the Foundation will use photos (with permission) on our website to highlight the work of the organizations we support. Please feel free to email photos that illustrate your programs and services in the community by clicking here: Email photos. Please limit your photo submission to no more than three photos.
Please do not send any publications in addition to or in lieu of your report.
Prior to the due date for your final report, you should receive an email from the Foundation indicating your report form is available to be completed online. If you do not receive this email please contact the Foundation. You must log on to your existing online account (created when you completed your online application) to complete and submit your final report. If your original application was not submitted online or you are unable to access your online account, please contact us. When you have signed in to your account, select the Requirements tab at the top left of the computer screen. The final report form for your current grant should be listed on this page. Select the report title to begin.
The online process is designed so that you can stop and save your work at any time and return to the report as many times as needed before submitting it.
Once you have submitted your final report it will be reviewed by our program staff, who will be in touch if there are any questions and notify you when the report has been approved and your grant has been closed.
If you have any questions or difficulty, please contact Angela Carr, Grants Management Associate, at email@example.com or (213) 688-6314.
In order to complete your online final report to the Weingart Foundation, you must attach a copy of your organization’s Statement of Activities (e.g., Income and Expense Statement) for the most recently closed fiscal year. Internal/unaudited statements are acceptable.
The maximum size for all attachments combined is 25 MB. Please note that files with certain extensions (such as "exe", "com", "vbs", or "bat") cannot be uploaded.
FINAL REPORT QUESTIONS
Listed below for your information are the final report questions we ask you to answer on the online form. The maximum number of words allowed per question is 500.
- Grant Accomplishment(s): Please describe the progress made toward the goals supported by this grant as identified in the grant agreement. What has been the impact of your agency’s work on the people you serve? What benefits has your agency derived from the grant (i.e., with regards to infrastructure, capacity, sustainability, programs and/or overall organizational health)? What factors contributed to your success?
- Challenges & Lessons Learned: Were there are any significant challenges encountered during the grant period? What were some of the strategies used to address those challenges? What were the major lessons of the last 12 months?
- Sustainability & Planning for the Future: Please describe how your agency is planning for its ongoing sustainability, programmatically and financially. Has the Weingart Foundation grant helped to leverage other contributions?
- Optional: Is there anything else you want the Foundation to know about your organization? Have there been any unexpected outcomes that you would like to share?
IMPORTANT REMINDERS AND TIPS
- In order to access your final report online, you must have a Weingart Foundation online account. If you submitted your application online, you have already created an online account. Please contact us if you need your user name and/or password. If you did not submit online, please contact us to help establish an online account.
- As you are completing the online report, you may stop and save your work at any time and return to it as many times as needed before submitting it to the Foundation. Please note that the website link used to access a saved report is different from the link to start a new online account. When returning to a saved report, after signing on, you will see a list of any reports that are “in process” and any that have been previously submitted.
- You may complete your responses in a Word document and cut and paste the narrative into the online form.
- You may want to print out the full report once you have completed it for future reference.
- If you have questions or need assistance when completing the online report, please contact Angela Carr, Grants Management Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (213) 688-6314.
|To access the Expanding Opportunity Fund online final report form, CLICK HERE.|